The RDS can advise on all aspects of preparing grant applications, e.g.
- Formulating research questions
- Building an appropriate team
- Involving patients and carers
- Designing a study
- Appropriate methodologies for quantitative research,
e.g. statistical issues, health economics
- Appropriate methodologies for qualitative research,
e.g. sampling, analytical strategies
- Identifying suitable funding sources
- Regulatory issues
- Writing plain English summaries
- Identifying the resources required for a successful project
- Critical reviews of proposed grant applications can be obtained through
the RDS SW Project Review Committee before they are sent to a funding body.
The RDS may also be able to help with funding for patients or carers involved in research teams advised by the RDS.
Find your nearest RDS South West office, or if you are unsure of where the nearest office is, or who best to contact, simply get in touch with our coordinating centre on 01823 342792 or email@example.com
The RDS: supporting researchers
to develop high quality research proposals